Cooperativa Las Rosas
Las Rosas, a group of 350 women coffee growers formed in 2010 in La Plata, growing quality coffee and looking for economic stability, food security and using coffee production to drive change and development in their community under a new narrative of women recognition.
And LAS ROSAS dreams have come true:
- A rotating credit fund with USD 37,000, fully managed by women. Credit lines for productivity, food security, education and domestic calamities. The fund is fed by the project premium of their coffee.
- 550 people trained in gender equity and financial literacy; 2 women were trained to continue as gender equity promoters
- 30 women were certified in leadership.
- 350 people trained in quality
- Psychological support is delivered to women and families who require it
- High quality coffee produced with continuous improvement
Altitude: 1,700 – 2,000 mASL
Location: La Plata, Huila
SCA score: 83-85
Harvest: April-July and October-January
Caffeine Removal: Swiss Water Process